The Resource A mortal curiosity.
- A mortal curiosity.
- Statement of responsibility
- Ann Granger
- It's 1864 and Lizzie Martin is leaving London for the south coast of England to be the companion of Lucy Craven, a teenager who lives in seclusion with her aunts and has recently lost an infant daughter to illness. En route, Lizzie meets Doctor Lefebre, a slightly off-putting gentleman headed for the same destination. Lefebre, it turns out, is an alienist hired by Lucy's family to determine whether the young woman is mad. And he discloses something shocking: Lucy Craven doesn't believe her daughter is dead; she insists the baby was stolen from her. In Hampshire, complications mount. Late at night, Lizzie hears furtive voices outside, there's a gentleman farmer whose demeanor with Lucy seems unusually familiar, and, while Lucy proves a bit moody, she hardly seems deranged. The girl's aunts are clearly withholding something. ... These tensions come to a head when a man is found dead in the garden, stabbed with a knife from the aunts' home. Lizzie calls upon her beau, Inspector Benjamin Ross. Together, they find themselves entangled in a mystery as bewildering as any they've faced
- Teenage mothers
- Mental health
- Martin, Lizzie (Fictitious character)
- Rich people
- Great Britain -- History -- Victoria, 1837-1901
- Historical mysteries
- Live-in companions
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- London, England -- History -- 19th century
- Victorian mysteries
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Lizzie Martin Mysteries
- Series volume
- [bk. 2]
- Target audience
ContextContext of A mortal curiosity.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A mortal curiosity.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/I9sB0O1yqAw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/I9sB0O1yqAw/">A mortal curiosity.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.cvlga.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cvlga.org/">Chattahoochee Valley Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Chattahoochee Valley Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...