The Resource The Martian : a novel
- The Martian : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Andy Weir
- "Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars. Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there. After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he's alive--and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive. Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to kill him first. But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills--and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit--he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?" --
- Alex Award, 2015.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2014.
- Green Mountain Book Award (Vermont), 2016.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Debut, 2015.
- Library Journal Best Books 2014
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2014
- RUSA Reading List, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2014
- Assigning source
- from publisher's web site
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- HL 680
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
ContextContext of The Martian : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Martian : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/hGNPFkrMP7s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/hGNPFkrMP7s/">The Martian : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.cvlga.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cvlga.org/">Chattahoochee Valley Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>