The Resource El deafo
- El deafo
- Statement of responsibility
- Cece Bell ; color by David Lasky
- trueBiographies -- Identity | Children and teenagers
- Authors -- Cartoons and comics | Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- Authors, American -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- trueAutobiographical comics
- trueBell, Cece
- Bell, Cece -- Cartoons and comics | Juvenile literature
- Bell, Cece -- Childhood and youth -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Bell, Cece -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Bell, Cece -- Juvenile literature
- trueBiographies -- Coping with challenges | Disability
- Cartoonists -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- trueCartoonists -- United States -- Biography
- Comic books, strips, etc. -- United States
- Comics (Graphic works)
- trueComics and Graphic novels
- Deaf -- Cartoons and comics | Juvenile literature
- Deaf -- United States -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- Deaf -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- Deaf children -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Friendship -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueGirls who are deaf
- trueGirls with disabilities
- Graphic novels
- trueGraphic novels
- trueHearing aids
- Hearing aids for children -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Schools -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Women -- Biography | Cartoons and comics | Juvenile literature
- "Going to school and making new friends can be tough. But going to school and making new friends while wearing a bulky hearing aid strapped to your chest? That requires superpowers! In this funny, poignant graphic novel memoir, author/illustrator Cece Bell chronicles her hearing loss at a young age and her subsequent experiences with the Phonic Ear, a very powerful--and very awkward--hearing aid. The Phonic Ear gives Cece the ability to hear--sometimes things she shouldn't--but also isolates her from her classmates. She really just wants to fit in and find a true friend, someone who appreciates her as she is. After some trouble, she is finally able to harness the power of the Phonic Ear and become "El Deafo, Listener for All." And more importantly, declare a place for herself in the world and find the friend she's longed for"--
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2015
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2016.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Middle Readers, Graphic Novel, 2019.
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2017.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 4-5, 2015.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2016.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), Middle School level, 2016
- Maine Student Book Award, 2016.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2017.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division I (Grades 3-5), 2017.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2017.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2018.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2015.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 3-6, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Fiction, 2014
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2017.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2015.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2016
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2017.
- Assigning source
- from publisher's web site
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Middle School
- Interest level
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
ContextContext of El deafo
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work El deafo
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/oxDSW4grbzM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/oxDSW4grbzM/">El deafo</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.cvlga.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cvlga.org/">Chattahoochee Valley Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>