The Resource Ghost (Downloadable eBook)
- Ghost (Downloadable eBook)
- Statement of responsibility
- Jason Reynolds
- trueFathers and sons
- trueAfrican American boys
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueChildren of prisoners
- Coaches (Athletics) -- Juvenile fiction
- Electronic books
- Emotional problems of teenagers
- Emotional problems of teenagers -- Juvenile fiction
- Ex-drug addicts
- Ex-drug addicts -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile Fiction
- Juvenile Literature
- Juvenile works
- Middle school students
- Middle school students -- Juvenile fiction
- trueMiddle schools
- Middle schools
- Middle schools -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Runners (Sports)
- Runners (Sports) -- Juvenile fiction
- Running -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-actualization (Psychology) in children
- Self-actualization (Psychology) in children -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-realization -- Juvenile fiction
- Sprinting -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTrack and field
- Track and field -- Juvenile fiction
- Ghost. Lu. Patina. Sunny. Four kids from wildly different backgrounds with personalities that are explosive when they clash. But they are also four kids chosen for an elite middle school track team -- a team that could qualify them for the Junior Olympics if they can get their acts together. They all have a lot to lose, but they also have a lot to prove, not only to each other, but to themselves. Ghost has a crazy natural talent, but no formal training. If he can stay on track, literally and figuratively, he could be the best sprinter in the city. But Ghost has been running for the wrong reasons -- it all starting with running away from his father, who, when Ghost was a very little boy, chased him and his mother through their apartment, then down the street, with a loaded gun, aiming to kill. Since then, Ghost has been the one causing problems -- and running away from them -- until he meets Coach, an ex-Olympic Medalist who blew his own shot at success by using drugs, and who is determined to keep other kids from blowing their shots at life
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2017
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2017.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 6-8, 2018.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2018.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2019.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2018.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2019.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Sixth-Eighth Grade, 2019.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 10-14
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Reading level
- Series statement
- Series volume
- bk. 1
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Ghost (Downloadable eBook)
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ghost (Downloadable eBook)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/tckNmBKfDxw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/tckNmBKfDxw/">Ghost (Downloadable eBook)</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.cvlga.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cvlga.org/">Chattahoochee Valley Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>