The Resource God help the child.
- God help the child.
- Statement of responsibility
- Toni Morrison
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueHuman skin color
- trueElectronic books
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction
- African Americans -- Fiction
- trueChild abuse
- truePsychological fiction
- trueColor of African Americans
- truePsychic trauma
- trueChild murders
- trueMothers and daughters
- Spare and unsparing, God Help the Child--the first novel by Toni Morrison to be set in our current moment--weaves a tale about the way the sufferings of childhood can shape, and misshape, the life of the adult. At the center: a young woman who calls herself Bride, whose stunning blue-black skin is only one element of her beauty, her boldness and confidence, her success in life, but which caused her light-skinned mother to deny her even the simplest forms of love. There is Booker, the man Bride loves, and loses to anger. Rain, the mysterious white child with whom she crosses paths. And finally, Bride's mother herself, Sweetness, who takes a lifetime to come to understand that "what you do to children matters. And they might never forget."
- BCALA Literary Award for Fiction, 2016.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2015
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of God help the child.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work God help the child.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/v7zlAYD7SVs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/v7zlAYD7SVs/">God help the child.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.cvlga.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cvlga.org/">Chattahoochee Valley Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>