The Resource The magic fish
- The magic fish
- Statement of responsibility
- Trung Le Nguyen
- trueTeenage boys
- trueBooks and reading
- trueChildren of immigrants
- trueComing out (Sexual or gender identity)
- Coming out (Sexual orientation) -- Comic books, strips, etc. | Juvenile literature
- Fairy tales -- Comic books, strips, etc. | Juvenile literature
- trueGay teenagers
- Graphic novels
- Graphic novels
- Graphic novels -- Juvenile literature
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- Identity (Psychology) -- Comic books, strips, etc. | Juvenile literature
- Parent and child -- Comic books, strips, etc. | Juvenile literature
- trueInterpersonal communication
- Vietnamese Americans -- Comic books, strips, etc. | Juvenile literature
- trueVietnamese Americans
- "Real life isn't a fairytale. But Tiãâen still enjoys reading his favorite stories with his parents from the books he borrows from the local library. It's hard enough trying to communicate with your parents as a kid, but for Tiãâen, he doesn't even have the right words because his parents are struggling with their English. Is there a Vietnamese word for what he's going through? Is there a way to tell them he's gay?"--
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2022.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2021.
- Harvey Awards, Book of the Year, 2021.
- Harvey Awards, Best Children's or Young Adult Book, 2021.
- International Literacy Association Children's Book Award for Young Adult Fiction, 2021.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2021.
- Rainbow List, 2021.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2021.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 12 and up
- Grades 7-9
- Intended audience source
- RH Graphic
- RH Graphic
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of The magic fish
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The magic fish
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/fOGGmYYdbV0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cvlga.org/resource/fOGGmYYdbV0/">The magic fish</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.cvlga.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cvlga.org/">Chattahoochee Valley Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>